As we near the end of another year, we wanted to take a moment to look at the current state of thermal paper receipts, and their role in the years to come.
There’s no question that digital technologies are changing the way we do business. This is true across all industries, but it is especially true for businesses that use paper, including thermal paper receipt suppliers such as Graphic Tickets & Systems.
But the world is not quite ready to become completely digitized. And, in the rush to migrate everything online, retailers and financial institutions who currently use paper receipts should make sure they don’t move so fast as to alienate an important portion of their customer base that still rely on physical transactional forms.
Following are five reasons why providing thermal paper receipts still makes sense during this period of transition.
- We are creatures of habit, and paper receipts are familiar. They are real. People can hold onto them and file them away for future reference, if needed. Old habits die hard.
- You have likely read about the massive security breaches suffered by huge companies like Target and Home Depot, where hackers broke into their customer databases and stole tons of private information. If this is happening to the largest companies, with the most sophisticated protection software, just think how easy it would be to hack into the databases of smaller businesses. Consumers are becoming more, not less, concerned with these data breaches.
- Paper receipts are more reliable and trustworthy than their digital counterparts. As noted above, digital systems can be hacked. Texts and emails can be deleted. It’s far more difficult to corrupt a printing system than tamper with a digital receipt.
- While digital receipts offer cost efficiencies over thermal paper receipts, converting entirely over to digital machines requires a massive capital expense.
- Paper receipt suppliers have begun using sustainable paper products that alleviate many consumer concerns over the environmental impact of paper receipts.
ATM paper and POS paper for cash registers and kiosks, isn’t going anywhere. Not for a while, anyway. The focus, therefore, should be on how to optimize the receipt paper that you do use. That’s where we come in.
Our mission is to make your paper receipts as impactful and profitable as possible. Our job is to Make Every Transaction Count. Please contact us to discuss your paper needs, and to receive a free quote.